||Jazzman says: The elusive and mysterious 'Special Release' album by the Brief Encounter has eluded many an intrepid record collector over the years. Despite being a relatively well-known and highly-respected soul/funk band, their highly sought-after album on Seventy Seven Records has remained practically impossible to find. And when one does surface, a figure over $2000 isn’t out of the ordinary for a copy to change hands. As a result it’s not only have the vast majority of collectors and soul fans that have been unable to enjoy the music, but for over 30 years the band themselves have not had the satisfaction of having their pride and joy felt, heard and enjoyed. So we decided to put things right. With help and assistance from members of The Brief Encounter themselves, we have made available this inspirational album that displays a wide showcase of soulful talent from funky rare grooves to beautiful ballads. Recorded in 1977, we reveal in our detailed liner notes from our exclusive interviews the story behind the band and their enigmatic recording of the Special Release album, and how a small-time group of musicians from rural North Carolina came to entrance soul fans and collectors the world over with such a superb yet under-appreciated masterpiece.
· Reissue of exceptionally rare soul & funk LP
· An original LP sold recently for over $2500
· 8 page colour booklet with extensive notes based on our interviews with band members
· previously unpublished photographs
· Deluxe LP limited to 1500 numbered copies - will NOT be repressed.
· LP contains insert with pics, info and notes
· RARE and FINE music reissued only with Jazzman – all because WE DIG DEEPER!